Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Forum du Pays Réel et de la Courtoisie - FPRC :: Les recettes de Nigella
Log in Register Vous avez de nouveaux messages " href="privmsg.php?folder=inbox" class="mainmenu" onmouseover="changeImages('btn_top_pm', 'http://img.xooimage.com/files2/b/t/btn_pm_on-36d66.gif'); return true;" onmouseout="changeImages('btn_top_pm', 'http://img.xooimage.com/files9/b/t/btn_pm-36de9.gif'); return true;">Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Forum du Pays Réel et de la Courtoisie - FPRC Forum Index
Bienvenue aux amis du Pays réel et de Radio Courtoisie, pour défendre l'identité française, sa culture, sa langue, son histoire, échanger des propos sur l'air du temps.
Forum du Pays Réel et de la Courtoisie - FPRC Forum Index » Forum du Pays Réel et de la Courtoisie » Pour la bonne bouche » Les recettes de Nigella Goto page: <  1, 2, 3, 4  >
Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb - 16:32:13 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Encore une recette qui donne envie !

Flourless Chocolate Brownies With Hot Chocolate Sauce

Ingredients

For the Brownies

225 grams dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
225 grams butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
200 grams caster sugar
3 large eggs (beaten)
150 grams ground almonds
100 grams chopped walnuts

For the Hot Chocolate Sauce

75 grams dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
125 millilitres double cream
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon golden syrup

Method

For the brownies

Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C Fan/gas mark 3/325ºF. Melt the chocolate and butter gently over a low heat in a heavy-based saucepan.

Take the pan off the heat, mix in the vanilla and sugar, and let it cool a little.

Beat the eggs into the pan along with the ground almonds and chopped walnuts. Turn into a 24cm / 9 inch square baking tin or, most sensibly, use a foil one.

Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, by which time the top will have set but the mixture will still be gooey. Once cooler, cut carefully, four down, four across, into 16 squidgy-bellied squares.

For the sauce

Break up the chocolate and put into a heavy-based saucepan.

Dissolve the instant espresso powder in the water and add this, along with the remaining ingredients into the saucepan, then place the pan over a gentle heat and let everything melt together.

Once everything has melted, stir well, take off the heat and pour into a jug to serve.

Publicité
PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb - 16:32:13 (2019)
Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Wed 27 Feb - 22:16:26 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Passons à table ! Voilà une recette salée...

Thai Yellow Pumpkin and Seafood Curry

It's a good idea to have something up your sleeve that you can cook quickly, and simply, when you've got friends coming over to supper midweek after work. This is that something. Don't let the length of the list of ingredients put you off. You really could go to the supermarket at lunchtime and buy everything you need. What's more, most of it keeps: salmon, raw prawns, lime leaves and lemongrass in the deep-freeze (and all but the salmon can be used from frozen); curry paste in the fridge; the coconut milk, fish sauce, fish-stock concentrate and turmeric in the cupboard. In other words, one shopping expedition, many curries.

I've said 1-2 tablespoons of curry paste. This is because pastes vary enormously in their strengths and people vary enormously in their tastes. Some like it hot: I like it very hot - and use 2 tablespoonfuls. But it might be wiser to add 1 tablespoonful first and then taste later, once all the liquid's in, to see if you want to add more. One last bossy note: if you can't get raw prawns, don't use cooked ones; just double the amount of salmon.

Ingredients

1 x 400 millilitres tin coconut milk
1 - 2 tablespoon red thai curry paste (or yellow)
350 millilitres fish stock
3 tablespoons thai fish sauce (nam pla)
2 tablespoons caster sugar
3 stalks lemongrass (cut into 3 and bruised with flat of knife)
3 kaffir lime leaves (destalked and cut into strips)
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 kilogram pumpkin (peeled and cut into bite sized chunks)
500 grams salmon fillets (pref organic) skinned and cut into large bite sized chunks
500 grams peeled raw prawns
pak choi (or any other green veg of your choice)
juice of 1 lime (to taste)
1 bunch fresh coriander (to serve)

Method

Skim the thick creamy top off the tin of coconut milk and put it, over medium heat, into a large saucepan or casserole with the curry paste. Let it sizzle and, using a fork, whisk or wooden spoon, beat milk and paste together until combined.

Still beating gently, add the rest of the coconut milk, fish stock, fish sauce, sugar, lemongrass, lime leaves and turmeric. Bring to a boil and then add the pumpkin. Cook on a fast simmer until the pumpkin is tender, about 15 minutes, although different sorts of pumpkins can vary enormously in the time they take to cook; some squash take as little as 5 minutes.

You can cook the curry up till this part in advance, maybe leaving the pumpkin with a tiny bit of bite to it (it will soften and cook as the pan cools). Either way, when you're about 5 minutes away from wanting to eat, get ready to cook the seafood.

So, to the robustly simmering pan, add the salmon and prawns (if you're using the prawns from frozen they'll need to go in before the salmon). When the salmon and prawns have cooked through, which shouldn't take more than 3-4 minutes, stir in any green veg you're using - sliced, chopped or shredded as suits - and tamp down with a wooden spoon.

When the pak choi's wilted, squeeze in the juice of half a lime, stir and taste and add the juice of the remaining half if you feel it needs it. Take the pan off the heat or decant the curry into a large bowl, and sprinkle over the coriander; the point is that the coriander goes in just before serving.

Serve with more chopped coriander for people to add to their own bowls as they eat, and some plain Thai or basmati rice.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Fri 1 Mar - 03:19:29 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Encore une recette qui donne envie de se faire un bon petit thé...

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pots

My children love a chocolate chip cookie so gooey on the inside that I can’t really make the outside firm enough to let the cookies keep integrity of form. This, then, is the solution: a cookie dough you bake in a little dish, and then eat with a spoon, dolloped with ice cream or crème fraîche as desired.

Ingredients

150 grams plain flour
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
110 grams soft unsalted butter
85 grams soft light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
1 large egg
170 grams dark chocolate chips

Method

You will need: 6 x ramekins approx. 8cm / 3 ½in diameter x 4.5cm / 1 ¾in deep (approx. 200ml / ¾ - 1 cup capacity)

Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/gas mark 4/350°F, and measure the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, forking together to mix.

With an electric mixer, or by hand, beat the butter and sugar until you have a light and creamy mixture, then add the vanilla paste or extract and the egg, beating again to incorporate.

Gently fold in the flour mixture, then, once it’s all mixed in, fold in the chocolate chips.

Divide the dough between 6 ramekins (you will need about 4½ tablespoons of batter for each one). Using a small offset spatula (for ease) or the back of a teaspoon, spread the mixture to cover the bottom of the ramekins, and smooth the tops.

Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 13–15 minutes. They will still be quite gooey inside, but the top will be set, and they should be golden brown at the edges and just beginning to come away from the sides of the ramekins.

Leave to cool for 5–10 minutes before serving. You can spoon a scoop of ice cream on top of each one or serve with cream or crème fraîche on the side. They will set as they cool down, so don’t dally now.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Mon 4 Mar - 12:31:18 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Une recette salée cette fois, alliant terre et mer : des noix de saint jacques au chorizo.

Scallops and Chorizo

Ingredients

110 grams chorizo
400 grams small scallops (halve them to make 2 thinner discs if they are very fat)
juice of ½ lemon
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Method

Slice the chorizo into rounds no thicker than 3mm / 1/8 inch.

Heat a heavy-based pan on the hob and, when hot, dry-fry the chorizo rounds until crisped on either side (the chorizo will give out plenty of its own oil); this should take no more than 2 minutes.

Remove the chorizo to a bowl and fry the scallops in the chorizo-oil for about 1 minute a side.

Return the chorizo to the pan with the scallops, add the lemon juice and let bubble for a few seconds before arranging on a serving plate and sprinkling with lots of parsley.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Tue 5 Mar - 12:38:59 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

C'est Mardi Gras aujourd'hui, l'occasion de faire des crêpes !

Crepes

Ingredients

30 grams unsalted butter melted (plus more for frying)
150 grams plain flour
325 millilitres milk
1 large egg

Method

The best thing to have to make proper crêpes is a copper crêpe pan, but it’s hard to justify the expense since you’re not likely to get much use out of it. Still, I love mine. Otherwise reckon on using a shallow pan, preferably one with sloping sides, of about 20cm / 8 inches in diameter.

Melt the butter and let cool a little.

Put the flour, milk and egg into a blender and whiz to amalgamate. Pour into a jug and stir in the melted butter. Otherwise, just pour the flour into a bowl, whisk in the egg and milk and finally, just before making the crêpes, the melted butter.

Heat a seasoned crêpe pan or the nearest equivalent (I like to melt some butter in one first, and then wipe it all off) and ladle 2–3 tablespoons of batter into the pan then quickly hold it up and swirl so that the batter forms a quick, thin pancake covering the base of the pan. This will cook in a minute so flip it and cook for 30 seconds to a minute on the other side, then remove the pale crêpe to a layer of baking paper.

Continue with the rest of the batter. This is the work of moments, and crêpes, ready filled, or empty, reheat very well in a microwave.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Thu 7 Mar - 13:50:59 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Attention, recette alléchante ! Rien qu'à la lire, j'ai faim...

Pappardelle With Lamb Ragu

Introduction

‘Ragout’ is French, ‘ragù’ Italian, and this meat sauce is certainly inspired by the Sicilian combination of sweet lamb, dried wild mint and crushed chilli flakes, though I’ve added an Anglo note with a little redcurrant jelly.
Pappardelle, those egg-rich, wide ribbons, are my favourite here, but do choose any pasta you want. And if you can find a bit of fresh mint to add as you serve, then go for it.

Ingredients

1½ tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
4 spring onions (finely sliced)
1 teaspoon dried mint
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon crushed chillies
250 grams minced lamb
1 x 400 grams can chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon redcurrant jelly
1½ teaspoons worcestershire sauce
pinch of salt
grinding of pepper
250 grams pappardelle
fresh mint to serve (optional)

Method

Put a large pan of water on to boil for the pasta, and warm the garlic oil in a small, heavy-based pan that comes with a lid, and cook the spring onions, stirring for a minute or so.

Sprinkle in the herbs and chilli, stirring again before adding the meat. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring, until it loses a bit of its pinkness.

Add the tomatoes, redcurrant jelly, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, then give a good stir and bring to a bubble. Partially cover with the lid and simmer for 20 minutes.

At the appropriate time, salt the boiling water and cook the pasta according to packet instructions (ours took eight minutes), and once cooked and drained, dress with the lamb ragù. Sprinkle a little bit of fresh mint onto each bowl to serve.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Mon 18 Mar - 16:30:03 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Une recette facile pour l'apéritif

Peanut Butter Hummus

Peanut butter hummus doesn't have an elegant ring to it, but elegant is exactly what this is. Rather than using tahini, which is in effect sesame butter, I use peanut butter. Although I think this version possesses a certain manilla-tinted chic (despite the kindergarten-appeal of its title) that makes me happy to bring it out to eat with drinks when I have people over, I am even happier to have a batch in the fridge to pick at, spreading it over spelt crispbread or a piece of rye toast, when the mood takes me.

Ingredients

800 grams chickpeas (2 cans)
1 clove garlic (peeled)
60 millilitres olive oil
6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
3 tablespoons lemon juice (or more as needed)
2 teaspoons sea salt flakes (or 1 teaspoon pouring salt)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
5 tablespoons greek yoghurt
2 tablespoons peanuts (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika (to serve)
pitta bread (or bread sticks, tortillas or crackers to serve)

Method

Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Put the garlic clove, chickpeas, 3 tablespoons oil, peanut butter, lemon juice, salt and cumin into a food processor and blitz to a knobbly purée.

Add 4 tablespoons of the greek yogurt and process again; if the hummus is still very thick add another 1 or 2 tablespoons yogurt and the same of oil. (This will often depend on the chickpeas, as different sorts make the hummus thicker or not.)

Taste for seasoning, adding more lemon juice and salt if you feel it needs it.

On serving, mix the chopped peanuts with the paprika and sprinkle on top if you wish, and put an array of bits and pieces to eat with or dip in, as you see fit.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Wed 20 Mar - 15:38:05 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Une nouvelle recette pour l'heure du thé

Cider and 5-Spice Bundt Cake

Ingredients

250 millilitres cider (preferably dry or at least not sweet)
175 millilitres sunflower oil
100 grams soft dark brown sugar
300 grams black treacle (use an oiled 250ml/1-cup measure for ease)
3 large eggs
3 piece fresh root ginger (peeled and finely grated to give 2 teaspoons)
300 grams plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
2½ teaspoons chinese five spice powder
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
nonstick spray (or sunflower oil for greasing)

Method

You will need: 1 x 10-cup (2.5 litre capacity) bundt tin/pan or 1 x 20cm/8-inch square cake tin approx. 5.5cm/2 ¼-inches deep

Open the cider so that it loses its fizz. Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas , and grease your bundt tin with non-stick cooking spray, or simply oil it, and leave the tin upside down on a piece of newspaper or baking parchment while you get on with the batter.

Measure the oil, brown sugar and (whether you’re weighing it or going for volume and using a cup measure, always lightly oil the receptacle for the treacle first and it will slide out easily) black treacle into a bowl.

Pour in the cider and crack in the eggs, add the ginger and beat till smooth. While I use a freestanding mixer to make this cake, it’s simple enough by hand: in which case, beat the eggs together first before adding to the other ingredients.

In another bowl measure out the flour, baking powder, bicarb, nutmeg, 5-spice and cinnamon, and fork through to combine.

Gently tip the dry ingredients into the wet treacly mixture, beating as you go to make a smooth batter. Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl well to make sure there aren’t any pockets of flour.

Pour the dark and aromatic batter into the prepared tin: it will be very runny, but don’t be alarmed. Place in the oven to bake: if using the bundt tin it will need 45–50 minutes, but start checking after 40. If using the square tin, it will need 50–55 minutes’ baking. When the cake’s ready, it will start to come away from the sides of the tin and a cake tester should come out clean; that’s to say, not wet, but with some crumbs adhering to it. Transfer the bundt to a wire rack for about 30 minutes, then use your fingers to help prise the cake away from the edges of the tin, most particularly around the funnel, and turn out. Leave to cool completely before wrapping, first in parchment and then foil, as it tastes best if eaten the next day. I don’t always manage this.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Thu 21 Mar - 12:02:48 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Une recette des beaux jours, avec du thon ultra frais

Pepper-Seared Tuna

Those of my vintage may remember this dish from the eighties fondly as Tataki of Tuna: a log of ludicrously rubied fish, rolled in pepper, briefly seared and eaten finely sliced with shredded spring onions and twiggy strips of cucumber. Dunk in soy as you eat or make up a few blobs of sinus-clearing wasabi. If you do have some wasabi to hand, you can use this for smearing over the tuna, before coating it with peppercorns, in place of the English mustard stipulated below

Ingredients

1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon english mustard
4 tablespoons black peppercorns (crushed roughly)
500 grams sashimi-quality tuna fillet (cut in long even thickness)
cucumber (cut into slender batons)
4 spring onions (cut into strips)

Method

In a small bowl mix the oil and mustard, and use a pastry brush to paint it on the tuna. Roll the tuna in the crushed peppercorns so that the long sides of the log are covered, but the ends are not.

Heat a dry frying pan until it's very hot and cook the tuna on all the long sides, searing the fish to about 3mm / one-eighth of an inch in a circle around the edge. You'll be able to see how much of it's cooked, because the ruby flesh will turn brown and the depth of the ring, if you see what I mean, will be evident from the uncoated round ends. Take out of the pan immediately and cool on a plate.

With a sharp knife cut into the finest slices you can and serve with the cucumber and spring onions and soy, dipping sauce, wasabi, as you please.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Fri 22 Mar - 18:50:41 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Comme quoi Nigella, cuisinière anglaise, fait de bonnes choses venues parfois d'outre Manche...

Carbonnade a La Flamande

There is something about cooking the classics that feels like coming home and this comforting Belgian casserole is a reassuringly simple recipe – I scarcely bother to sear the meat – that feeds a huge tableful of people cosily. And – always music to my ears – it is at its best if cooked ahead, cooled and then refrigerated before being reheated.
A final note: it is the shin of beef that makes this stew so sweetly succulent; by all means substitute regular stewing beef, if you must, but it will never cook to the melting softness of shin.

Ingredients

1 tablespoon goose fat (or oil of your choice)
250 grams smoked lardons or 16 slices smoked bacon, snipped into strips
4 onions (chopped)
2 teaspoons ground allspice
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1½ kilograms shin of beef (in approx. 4-5 cm cubes)
50 grams plain flour
625 millilitres beef stock (cube or concentrate is fine)
4 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
3 tablespoons soft dark brown sugar
625 millilitres dark belgian beer (or other dark ale)
4 bay leaves
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes (or half teaspoon pouring salt)
1 pinch of black pepper

Method

Preheat the oven to 150ºC/130°C Fan/gas mark 2.

Get out a large, heavy-bottomed casserole and, on the hob over a medium to high heat, melt 1 tablespoon fat, or warm 1 tablespoon oil. Add the lardons and cook, stirring frequently, for 5–10 minutes, till they’ve crisped up a bit.

Add the chopped onion, stirring well so that they’re mixed into the bits of bacon, and turn down the heat to low and cook – stirring every now and again – for 10 minutes, by which time the onions will have softened.

Stir in the allspice and thyme and then tumble in the cubed shin of beef and, for ease, with a pair of spatulas or suchlike, toss and turn the meat in the pan.

Shake in the flour and stir to mix as best you can.

Pour the stock into a large jug and stir in the mustard and sugar and then add the beer (if it will fit) before pouring this over the stew in the pan. Stir to mix then leave to come to the boil, add the bay leaves and salt and a good grinding of pepper, then clamp on the lid and stagger to the oven with the heavy pan.

Cook gently for 3 hours, until the meat is fork tender, and – if you can bear it – let it cool, uncovered, before covering and refrigerating, then leaving it to bring joy to another day. Still, it’s fabulous enough the day it’s cooked and patience is an overrated virtue.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Sat 23 Mar - 11:27:53 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Une délicieuse recette pour un goûter de rêve

Ginger and Walnut Carrot Cake

Introduction

This is very different from the richly sweet, loftily layered and aerated American original. While it is in some senses far more reminiscent of an old-fashioned, slightly rustic English teatime treat, it is, with its ginger-spiked cream cheese icing – only on top, not running through the middle as well – just right to bring to the table, in pudding guise, at the end of dinner, too. Before you chop the amber dice of crystallised ginger, rub the cubes between your fingers to remove excess sugar. Then chop them finely, though not obsessively so: you want small nuggets, not a jammy clump. And, for what it’s worth, I find it easier to crumble up the walnuts with my fingers, rather than chopping them on a board.

Ingredients

For the cake:

200 grams plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
175 grams soft light brown sugar
2 large eggs (at room temperature)
200 millilitres vegetable oil (plus more for greasing)
200 grams carrots (peeled and coarsely grated)
100 grams walnut pieces (roughly chopped or crumbled)
75 grams crystallised ginger (finely chopped)

For the icing:

100 grams unsalted butter (soft)
100 grams icing sugar (sieved if lumpy)
1 teaspoon cornflour
100 grams full-fat cream cheese (fridge-cold)
1 x 15ml tablespoon fresh ginger (coarsely grated)

To decorate:

25 grams walnut pieces (roughly chopped or crumbled)
25 grams crystallised ginger (chopped)

Method

You will need 1 x 20cm/8 inch springform cake tin.

Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C Fan/325°F and grease the sides and line the base of your springform cake tin with baking parchment.

Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ground ginger and salt into a bowl and fork well to mix thoroughly.

Beat the sugar, eggs and oil in another large bowl until they are completely mixed together, then gradually add the flour mixture, scraping the bowl you’re beating them in to rescue and incorporate any flour clinging to the edges. At this stage the mixture may seem alarmingly stiff, but the carrots will loosen it up. So, beat in the carrots and then fold in the 100g / 1 cup of prepared walnuts and 75g / 4½ tablespoons of crystallised ginger, until everything is evenly combined.

Spoon and scrape into the prepared tin. Don’t worry if it looks as if you haven’t got nearly enough batter, as the cake will rise well as it bakes. Smooth the top and pop in the oven (this is when to make the icing, see step 5) for 45–55 minutes. When it’s ready, the cake will be set and golden brown on top, beginning to shrink away from the edges of the tin and a cake tester will come out with just a few crumbs stuck to it. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool in its tin.

As soon as the cake’s in the oven, get on with the icing. Beat the butter and icing sugar together and when creamily combined, beat in the cornflour, followed by half the cream cheese. Once that’s incorporated, beat in the remaining half. Be careful at all times not to over-beat or the icing will get too runny. Starting with the grated ginger on a plate, get out a piece of kitchen roll and, moving quickly, spoon the grated ginger into the centre, bring up the edges of the paper, holding them together to form a little swag bag, and press on it over the bowl to squeeze out the intense ginger juice. Beat this into the frosting in its bowl. Cover with cling film and refrigerate.

When the cake is completely cold, take the icing out of the fridge for about 20 minutes, by which time it will have softened to a still thick but spreadable consistency. Beat briefly to help this along, and make sure it’s smooth. Unclip and release the cake from its tin, unmoulding it, and sit it on a cake stand or plate. Spread the frosting on top, swirling it a little, then sprinkle the chopped walnuts and ginger on top.

Additional Information

MAKE-AHEAD NOTE:
The cake can be baked up to 2 days ahead. Wrap in a layer of cling film and keep in an airtight container, ice before serving. Icing can be made a day ahead and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove from fridge and leave at room temperature until soft enough to spread. Store leftovers in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 5 days.

FREEZE NOTE:
Wrap un-iced cake in a double layer of cling film and layer of foil, for up to 3 months. To defrost, unwrap and put on a wire rack at room temperature for 4-5 hours. Top with frosting before serving.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar - 03:25:13 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Une recette salée, et rapide !

Rapid Ragu

When I am feeling fragile and in need of cosiness and comfort, my favourite supper is a helping of minced meat with some grated cheese on top, eaten by greedy, grateful spoonful out of a cereal bowl.

I have dispensed with much of usual, necessary chopping: I use cubes of pancetta and a little caramelized onion out of a jar. This is everything you could hope for, sweetly salving and as undemanding to make as it is rewarding to eat.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
125 grams pancetta cubes
500 grams minced lamb
75 grams caramelized onions
80 millilitres marsala
1 x 400 grams can chopped tomatoes
75 grams green lentils
125 millilitres water
50 grams grated cheddar cheese (or red leicester)

Method

Heat the oil in a wide, medium-sized saucepan (which has a lid), and fry the cubed pancetta until beginning to crisp.

Add the lamb, breaking it up with a fork in the bacony pan as it browns.

Tip in the caramelized onions, Marsala, tomatoes, lentils and water and bring the pan to the boil.

Cover with the lid and simmer the ragu for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with the cheese (if using) before serving.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Fri 29 Mar - 12:56:02 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Une recette de poulet à préparer 24h ou 48h à l'avance

Mughlai Chicken

Introduction

I feel very strongly that you should use the moister brown meat, from the thigh, for this, but if you prefer breast meat, and it's a common preference, that's your choice.
There is a long list of ingredients below
One ease-making factor to be borne in mind: not only can it be made in advance, it needs to be; only after a day or two in the fridge does it have the full depth and resonance of flavour.

Ingredients

2½ centimetres piece of fresh root ginger (peeled)
4 cloves garlic (peeled)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon dried chilli
4 tablespoons ground almonds
125 millilitres water
5 cardamom pods (bruised)
1 cinnamon stick (broken in half)
2 bay leaves
4 cloves
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1½ kilograms boneless, skinless chicken thighs (each cut in 2)
2 onions
250 millilitres greek yoghurt
250 millilitres chicken stock
100 grams golden sultanas
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 teaspoon salt
75 grams flaked almonds (toasted)

Method

Put the ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander and chilli into a food processor, and blend to a paste. Add the ground almonds and water, then blend again, and set aside. Traditionally, this would be done with a pestle and mortar, and there's nothing to stop you using those, or a little spice grinder.

Put the cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, bay leaves and cloves into a small bowl. (Obviously, you don't have to do this, but it saves flitting from cupboard to cupboard looking for the right spices while the oil's spluttering away later.)

Heat the oil in a large pan and add the chicken pieces - in batches so they fry rather than stew - and cook them just long enough to seal on both sides, then remove to a dish.

Tip in the bowlful of spices and turn them in the oil. Peel and finely chop the onions, add to the pan of spices, and cook until softened and lightly browned, but keep the heat gentle and stir frequently, to avoid them catching.

Pour in the blended paste, and cook everything until it begins to colour. Add the yogurt, 125ml / half at a time, stirring it in to make a sauce; then stir in the stock, cream and sultanas.Put the browned chicken back into the pan, along with any juices that have collected under them, and sprinkle over the garam masala, sugar and salt. Cover and cook on a gentle heat for 20 minutes, testing to make sure the chicken meat is cooked through.

It's at this stage, that I like to take the pan off the heat and leave it to cool before reheating the next day. So, either now, or when you've reheated it, pour into a serving dish and scatter with the toasted flaked almonds.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Tue 2 Apr - 15:36:57 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Une recette de saison

Spring Chicken

This is really a tweaking of a fairly traditional rabbit recipe. The chicken is easier to come by in a supermarket, though, and more likely to please generally. You can leave the skin on or off the thighs, as you wish, but I think it’s important that the bone be left in. This is just my preference (I think it boosts flavour) and you could use thigh fillets if that’s easier, or indeed – at the other end of the spectrum – a whole chicken, portioned.

Ingredients

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
140 grams pancetta cubes or lardons or chopped bacon
12 chicken thighs (bone in, with or without skin)
1 leek (cleaned, quartered lengthwise then finely sliced)
1 stick celery (quartered lengthwise then finely sliced)
3 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
2 teaspoons dried tarragon
1 teaspoon sea salt flakes or 1/2 teaspoon pouring salt
good grinding white pepper
500 millilitres dry cider
300 grams frozen petits pois
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 little gem lettuce (cut into strips or roughly shredded)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon

Method

Heat the oil in a large, wide casserole that comes with a lid (and can be taken to the table) and add the pancetta cubes (or lardons or bacon), cooking them until they begin to give off their juices and start to colour.

Add the chicken thighs (skin-side down if yours have skin), tossing the pancetta cubes on top of the meat (to stop the pancetta burning and to make space) as you put the poultry in the pan, and cook for about 5 minutes over a medium heat.

Turn the thighs over and tip in the prepared leek, celery and garlic. Season with the dried tarragon, salt and pepper, then stir everything around a bit, letting it cook for another 5 minutes.

Pour in the cider, then sprinkle in the frozen peas. Bring the pan to a boil then cover, turn down to a very gentle heat and cook for 40 minutes. Do check after 30, though, to see if the chicken is cooked through, and if you are disobeying me and going boneless, then 20 minutes should do it.

Remove the lid, stir in the mustard, and then toss the shredded lettuce over the chicken, letting it wilt in the hot sauce for a couple of minutes.

Scatter the chopped tarragon over the casserole and take the steamily fragrant pot to the table with quiet pride.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Thu 9 May - 01:42:16 (2019) Reply with quote
Bonne Maman
Administrateur
Administrateur

Maintenant qu'on n'est plus en Carême, on peut se gaver de chocolat !

Chocolate Pudding

Ingredients

250 millilitres full fat milk
60 grams caster sugar
1 tablespoon cornflour
35 grams cocoa powder
2 tablespoons boiling water (from recently boiled kettle)
2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60 grams dark chocolate (finely chopped)

Method

Put the kettle on, and warm the milk and cream together in a saucepan or in a bowl in the microwave.

Put the sugar and cornflour into another saucepan and sieve in the cocoa powder. Add the 2 tablespoons of boiling water and whisk to a paste.

Whisk in the egg yolks, one at a time, followed by the warmed milk and cream, then the vanilla extract.

Scrape down the sides of the pan and put it on a lowish heat, cooking and whisking for about 3-4 minutes until the mixture thickens to a mayonnaise-like consistency.

Take off the heat and whisk in the finely chopped chocolate, before pouring into 4 small cups or glasses, each with a capacity of about 150ml / two-thirds of a cup.

Cover the tops of the cups or glasses with clingfilm, letting the clingfilm rest on the chocolate surface, to stop a skin forming, and refrigerate once they are cooler. Make sure they are not still fridge-cold when you serve them. You can add a blob of cream on top if you like.

Les recettes de Nigella
PostPosted: Today at 20:32:03 (2019)
Contenu Sponsorisé

Les recettes de Nigella
  Forum du Pays Réel et de la Courtoisie - FPRC Forum Index » Pour la bonne bouche